Don’t just make any salt dough ornaments make S.Qadr ornaments!
Flour + salt + water + cookie cutters + messy paint + tons of glitter = learning + bunting + fun
A simple salt dough recipe:
– 1.5 – 2 cups flour should be enough for this
– 2 parts flour to one part salt and eyeball about 1/2 part lukewarm water to form a kneadable dough.
– Roll out to 1/8″ thickness and use cookie cutters to illustrate a word or concept, ayaah by ayaah.
Ayah 1. Star – Laylatul Qadr – Night of Qadr
Ayah 2. Question mark – the question Allah is asking
Ayah 3. 1000 – this night is better than a thousand months
Ayah 4. – Angels (we re-shaped ginger bread men shape) for Malaika that come down
– a bell represents Allah’s permission to the Angels (I love how kids can be so imaginative!)
– a hand to symbolize Salaam (peace)
– Sun for Fajr
And did you notice the bunting goes from right to left just as the Sura is written in Arabic